On Thursday 25th May, on a bright and sunny afternoon our Year 10 students took part in their House Sports Day competing in a multi-discipline event that consisted of 100m, Long Jump, High Jump, Javelin, Shot Putt and the 600m.
Three boys and three girls from each house were competing for times, distances and heights which convert to points. The 6 scores are combined to get an overall winning house.
The students were in a buoyant mood as the events took place. They were supportive and enjoyed the day.
The dominant house thoughout was Catherine House, who won both the boys and girls events to claim the title!
Overall Results: Boys
Leading boy: Fraser Leuchars (Catherine) with 1804 pts,
2nd: Henry Olding (Augustine) with 1796 pts
3rd Harry Watts (Catherine) with 1736pts
Overall Results: Girls
Leading girl: Libby Stannard (Dominic) with 2075 pts
2nd: Josie Stannard (Benedict) with 1742 pts
3rd: Maeve Mooney (Catherine) with 1650 pts
Notable successes included:
- Henry Olding claiming 1.65m in the high jump
- Libby Stannard throwing 19m in the javelin
- Ben Piggot throwing 9.5m in the shot putt
- Fintan Scarffe-Cody leaping 5m in the long jump
- Harry Watts running the 600m in 1m47secs, Libby in 2.03
- Fraser throwing the 700g Javelin 21m
- Callum Warner running the 100m in 12.8 secs
- Guillianne Graccieuse throwing 7.82m in the shot putt
A huge thank you to the PE Department and to our 6th form students for giving up their time to help run the event.