On a hot and sunny afternoon in June, St Wilfrid’s Key Stage 3 sports day saw the closest year group results on record where a run/jump or throw would have made all the difference. Both staff and sixth form put on a fantastic day that included Benedict taking the staff egg and spoon relay and Catherine winning the Tug of War, culminating with the female Year 9 relay team and the male staff relay team taking the All Star crowns!
The heat did not stop the five houses, distinguished by bib colour, putting on a show for the spectators.
In Year 7, there was only 6 points between the top 3, Benedict taking the honours over Dominic by 1 point.
In Year 8, Catherine clocked 31 more points that Dominic to take the title.
Year 9, Catherine again pushed Dominic into 2nd sport winning by only 4 points.
Overall, huge congratulations to Catherine House who won the title by 30 points.
A few records were broken on the day.
- Christina Russo in year 7 throwing the vortex out to 22.7m
- Neha Gill in year 9 throwing the javelin out to 15.8m
- Dillan Tierney in year 8 throwing the javelin out to 22.7m
- Rodrigo Goncalves matching the year 8 300m record with a time of 43.3s
And previous to the day
- Daniel Rodriguez threw the Year 7 Vortex record with 48.6m